- Meet regularly, especially if you usually touch base during class or lab. Consider a quick text on your group chat about progress every couple of days
- Try not to procrastinate. That group project may be out-of-sight, out-of-mind if you aren’t seeing each other regularly. Resist the urge to put it off. Make small progress and stay in touch
- Set an agenda for meetings and use a shared doc to record your group’s notes
- It will help to recreate the co-working environment using virtual tools. Possibilities might include:
- Keep a Google Doc or Slide open during calls or while working on the project and use the chat, suggest and comment features
- Have an audioless and videoless call with your teammates run in the background
- or Have the video and/or audio on in a call
- Check on each other and ask for backup: If someone has been absent from your group meetings or chat, ask them directly if they’re still able to participate in the project.
Click here for a really great tip sheet from Drexel.
Contact us by clicking here to complete a brief request form.